By Robert H. Nelson
Read or Download An Introduction to Feeding Farm Livestock PDF
Similar animal husbandry books
This guide has take it is position in our day-by-day perform as a simple and quickly seek advice ebook, it really is at the library, and everyone makes use of it as very quick session, the knowledge is particularly new and exact, effortless to learn and to discover first-class details, the way in which they manage makes the consulting for Veterinarians,Interns and scholars, really easy.
The outstanding development of public curiosity in choices to Western remedies for human sickness has spilled over into veterinary medication. Many holistic veterinarians and puppy proprietors are actually drawn to utilizing replacement treatments to unravel illnesses with their pets. Psychoactive Herbs in Veterinary habit medication is the 1st textual content on psychoactive natural treatments for the remedy of habit difficulties in small animals.
''Ron Tilson, director of conservation at Minnesota Zoo, co-author of a brand new version of the encyclopedic Tigers of the realm and, with many years of fieldwork in Asia's tiger habitats lower than his belt, [is] an expert - possibly the authority - on our such a lot endangered enormous cat. ''-''Tale of the Cat'' by means of Andrew Marshall (Time magazine)An very good follow-up to the 1987 booklet The 102 members characterize a large panel of wonderful overseas researchers [E]ach chapters terminology and study descriptions are layperson-friendly.
Knowing voluntary feed consumption of pigs permits the fitting formula of pig feeds, making sure the ingestion of enough yet now not over the top quantities of meals to optimise functionality. This reference textbook, in accordance with clinical effects covers all points of feed consumption in pigs. It comprises up to date stories by way of popular clinical specialists on assorted features affecting voluntary feed consumption and nutrition choice in pigs.
- Women, Livestock Ownership and Markets: Bridging the Gender Gap in Eastern and Southern Africa
- Agricultural Field Experiments
- Trace Elements In Animal Production Systems
- Small Animal Surgery Secrets, 2e
- Microbiology of Meat and Poultry
Extra resources for An Introduction to Feeding Farm Livestock
Another obvious example is milk fever in dairy cows. A newly calved high-yielding cow is subjected to the stress of calving together with the sudden production of milk. The metabolism of the animal is disturbed and her calcium reserves are drained into the milk she is producing. Through the loss of calcium her nervous system is upset and she thereby loses muscular control. The typical milk fever symptoms of twitching, paddling with the hind feet, are shown, and the animal goes down with exhaustion.
How is the deficiency usually met? 4. Apart from carbon, hydrogen, and oxygen, which other element is always present in protein? 5. N a m e two other elements that may be present? 6. W h a t do you understand by the term "crude protein" ? 7. Proteins are composed of a number of simpler substances. W h a t are these called? 8. Which group of farm feeds contain the least protein? 9. Which crops could be grown to obtain the highest yield of protein per acre? 28 An Introduction to Feeding Farm Livestock 10.
15. What is meant by a protein having a high biological value? 16. Why is it desirable to feed a variety of protein feeds in a production mixture? PRACTICAL WORK 1. List these feeds in order of their digestible crude protein content, and state the current price per tonne of each: (a) white fish meal; (b) weatings; (c) linseed cake; (d) oats; (e) barley; (f) wheat; (g) decorticated cotton cake ; (h) groundnut cake ; (i) soya bean meal ; (j) flaked maize. 2. Have a sample of your hay and/or silage sent for analysis through your local advisory officer, or through the feed representative of the firm with which you deal.