By Victor H. Agreda
Awesome a stability among uncomplicated chemistry and chemical engineering, this up to date reference discusses vital points of acetic acid and its significant derivatives, together with chemistry, tools of education and manufacture, and synthesis, in addition to present and rising downstream technologies.;The booklet offers accomplished actual estate facts for compounds and their separation, together with acetic acid-water separation. Describing 5 different types of suggestions for the manufacture of acetic acid, it: examines thermophysical houses and aqueous ideas, with unique motives of mathematical types and correlations; provides a serious research of estate; outlines production expenditures and similar fiscal components; studies the functions of acetic acid and derivatives; covers the chemistry and instruction of the derivatives; elucidates contemporary subject matters equivalent to deicers, esters and new esterification applied sciences.
Read or Download Acetic Acid and its Derivatives (Chemical Industries) PDF
Similar industrial & technical books
Compliment for the Fourth variation "Outstanding compliment for earlier editions…. the only top normal reference for the natural chemist. "―Journal of the Electrochemical Society"The forged of editors and authors is great, the textual content is, in most cases, simply readable and comprehensible, good documented, and good indexed…those who buy the publication can be happy with their acquisition.
This paintings information the technical, environmental and enterprise points of present methanol creation procedures and provides fresh advancements in regards to the use of methanol in transportation gas and in agriculture. it really is written through the world over well known methanol specialists from academia and undefined.
- Hyperbranched Polymers: Synthesis, Properties, and Applications
- Handbook of Nonwoven Filter Media
- Cleanup of Chemical and Explosive Munitions. Location, Identification and Environmental Remediation
- Kirk-Othmer Encyclopedia of Chemical Technology Vol 26
Extra resources for Acetic Acid and its Derivatives (Chemical Industries)
SU 387963 (1973). 66. , Chim. Ind. (Milan), 63, 325 (1981). 67. Govorov, V. , SU 1068416 (1984). 68. Gonzalez, R. , Ind. and Eng. , Prod. Res. , 24, 525531 (1985). < previous page page_25 next page > page_27 < previous page page_27 next page > Page 27 3 Manufacture via Hydrocarbon Oxidation Gether Irick Eastman Chemical Company, Kingsport, Tennessee I Introduction Acetic acid is the end product of many oxidation processes. Two of the more important, ethanol and acetaldehyde oxidations, have been considered in earlier chapters.
Catalyst lifetime is apparently a problem with the vapor phase process. B Ethanol Oxidation/Dehydrogenation  The industrial ethanol oxidation process is well established and consists in the passage of a vapor stream of ethanol, steam, and air over a silver catalyst at 300575°C . The reaction is exothermic and affords acetaldehyde in yields of 8595% with an ethanol conversion per pass of 2535%. Typical by-products are acetic acid, formic acid, ethyl acetate, methane, and carbon monoxide.
42. , Ger. Offen. S. Patent 4,380,663 (1983). 43. , Czech. CS 240,479 (1987). 44. S. Patent 4,691,053 (1984). page_24 45. S. Patent 4,285,875 (1981). 46. Pedersen, S. , Hardman, H. , and Wagner, L. S. Patent 4,408,071 (1983). < previous page page_24 next page > page_25 < previous page page_25 next page > Page 25 47. S. Patent 4,094,901 (1978). 48. , Park Ridge, New Jersey, 1967, p. 6. 49. Hobbs, C. , and Van't, H. S. Patent 3,914,296 (1975). 50. McCain, J. , and Kaiser, S. , European Patent Appl.